Another new edit I made. Cannister Shot

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Another new edit I made. Cannister Shot

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

Here is another little edit I've made.

When the cannon fires off a cannister shot into a line of enemy troops, a great deal of smoke encompasses the troops, it's actually pretty cool.

http://virtualpcdos.2.forumer.com/index ... =post&id=6

Cheers...
hurrah for the union
Reactions:

Re: Another new edit I made. Cannister Shot

Post by hurrah for the union »

screenshots please.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Hi hurrah for the union.

I'll see what I can do. All I did was allow in air smoke burst instead of the ground for the canister shot. Thats how easy it is to edit this game. It's pretty cool to see that you can change things like this with a very simple edit.

Anyway, I'll post a screen when I get a chance.

Cheers...
hurrah for the union
Reactions:

well that will be historicly inaccurate. smoke does not appear when a canister shot hits. but blood and limbs will fly around. its awsome that this game is easily edited.

regrads.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

hurrah for the union wrote:
well that will be historicly inaccurate. smoke does not appear when a canister shot hits. but blood and limbs will fly around. its awsome that this game is easily edited.

regrads.
Hi there Hurrah of the Union.

I wasn't trying to be historical. I know blood would be far better. I have tried getting a blood puff to show instead of smoke (editing the graphics), but just couldn't do it.

If anyone else would like to give the blood thing a try, go for it, I would love to see that.

Cheers...
hurrah for the union
Reactions:

i see. but it would be better if you could make a new blood mod for us my friend. troops die but little blood appears and it will be better to see more diffrent blood like a soldier got shot on his face he drops with blood over his face or someone got shot on his back he gets blood over his bback. would be very historical. and why cannons dont get destroyed? when troops shoot cannons soldiers drop dead from the cannon. how ever. dont exhaust yourself too much because we are already enjoying the game as it is :)

regrads. your fellow member.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

hurrah for the union wrote:
i see. but it would be better if you could make a new blood mod for us my friend. troops die but little blood appears and it will be better to see more diffrent blood like a soldier got shot on his face he drops with blood over his face or someone got shot on his back he gets blood over his bback. would be very historical. and why cannons dont get destroyed? when troops shoot cannons soldiers drop dead from the cannon. how ever. dont exhaust yourself too much because we are already enjoying the game as it is :)

regrads. your fellow member.
Hi.

I'm in agreement that having these things show up on the dead soldiers would be great, but it's beyond me to do it. Maybe the talent of the graphics team of NSD will do some editing for later patches, or create their own mods that will have this.
I have noticed that NSD must have edited the blood on the bodies because they do look different from earlier versions.

I don't know who does the graphics in NSD, I think I saw a name Tim, or Jim in one of the much earlier posts, maybe asking him about this would be the best thing.

Cheers...
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:Another new edit I made. Cannister Shot

Post by Chamberlain »

hurrah for the union,

Look for the Thread "Here are my Mods again for you to download" on this Modifications Page. It has mikesla's "Bloodmod that he created, and it does add more blood to the battles, check it out, looks real good !!!

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
hurrah for the union
Reactions:

Re:Another new edit I made. Cannister Shot

would be fun :) how ever its relly stupid because that during the whole civil war they did not shoot at the enemy's chest only. seriousy. just look at the photos of the american civil war its full of terror.