Bugles and Flags Version 02

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Bugles and Flags Version 02

Post by RebBugler »

Spent a lot of time on the new scenarios, mainly learning and testing the new scripting tools and commands...and wow, much more design flexibility with SOW over TC2M. Still a lot to learn and test, but these initial scenarios should demonstrate well the new design possibilities.

Bugle Calls

These calls are similar to the stock versions, all calls performed also by me. Some have been upgraded (re-recorded) and there are additional calls included. As you will hear, several calls are assigned differently and the volume of the calls is slightly louder...my mod, my preferences. Files are included, you can fix them your way, the beauty of modding. Attackmarch and another advance (ACW Charge and forward) are included with v02, in addition, several upgraded calls.

Damned Red Flags - DRF (no changes with v02)

DRF is coined from the main reference I used: Richard Rollins, The Damned Red Flags of the Rebellion. Represented historically, most of these 47 CSA flags flew over the 'Ground' of Gettysburg, July, 1863. State flags remained rolled, used here for state personality and gameplay, for Lee gave orders that all battle units would only carry the Southern Cross. New flags were issued in the months before, but many units chose their own unique Southern Cross versions to carry into battle, their flags being an important part of their spirit and pride. Some units carried their local flags along side the southern cross, several Stars and Bars were flown. For sure it was a colorful, red dominated array, which sent chills among friend and foe…those Damned Red Flags.

Toolbar

The toolbar has all the same commands in the same places as the stock game. I've just added commands as per my preferences, use them if you want, or mod them your way, the gui is the source.
Included commands are:
Advance – move forward quickly
OOB navigation
Introducing with v02 - BAM - Click B A M for immediate immersion and action!
B (Be the Unit)Follow - handy to move with the unit
A attackmarch – much better attack control than TC, with better results
M Move fast in attack column...split command - column/run, positioned next to Attackmarch for fast assignments
Zoom - available for friendlies
Line commands are spit to provide the option of holding formations in lines
Atcommon and off
Getaway - short retreat
Attach Guns - Not available yet, wish list for SOWGB

OOB's

The included OOB's enable Sandbox play with this mod, they are the same as the Sandbox versions, these end with DRF. One is modded for a brigade battery mix, BB.

Scenarios

The two Pickett's Charge scenarios are updated, plus:

Included with v02:
GB-DRF-July2-Barksdale, The Longest Charge (C-Brig)
GB-DRF-July2-Wilcox & Lang, 2nd Day (C-Brigs)
GB-DRF-July2-Little Round Top (U-Brig)
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Corps-USA)
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Corps-CSA)
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day CSA USA
GB-DRF-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day-VP CSA USA

To play stock scenarios with this mod, copy and rename then add to the scenarios’ folder within this mod. They will appear in the User Scenarios section.

Included also are 3 similar MP scenarios, historically depicted. Copy these to your Work/Scenarios folder:
GB MP00A-July2-ARTYGettysburg South, 2nd Day (Div)
GB MP00B-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Div)
GB MP00C-July2-Gettysburg South, 2nd Day (Corps)

Other upgrades with v02 are as follows:

-Files are amended to accommodate other mods, with just modded lines included. Exception: gui (toolbar)
-Large stock sound files are included scaled down to under a MB, to help performance and FPS

To Arms
Ready for Download...

http://buglesandflags.com/SOWGB.html
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gbs
Reactions:

Re:Bugles and Flags Version 02

Post by gbs »

Where is the download link?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Oops... :S Done and Thanks... :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Sounds great Randy ! ,

Downloading now !!!

:) :)

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

The new scenarios look great! I can't wait to play them.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Thanks Randy, I'm looking forward to playing these scenarios. I know you spent quite a bit of time on them and I'm sure it will show.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi Rebbugler.

Great news thanks.

Also just to let you know, I updated your mod information on my site, which means anyone who has subscribed to What's New will immediately get a message letting them know of the update.

Just another way I can help get your mod out there.

Cheers, and thanks for the Mod Reb! excellent work.