Proud to say .....

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
gbs
Reactions:

Proud to say .....

Post by gbs »

That I finally won the Blood in the Run scenario with over 5000 pts and was promoted. Now I will be able to play one of the follow on scenarios. If I could just win at McPherson ridge(I have tried it at least 20 times with a top of 2100 pts).... You see I am not very good at SOW and the AI handles me easily. I have only been promoted on two scenarios now.

Here's a question...If I use the MODS in the scenarios, ie. The Flag and Bugle mod which is my favotite, will the scenario history update with the point totals for promotion purposes?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re:Proud to say .....

Post by RebBugler »

gbs wrote:
That I finally won the Blood in the Run scenario with over 5000 pts and was promoted. Now I will be able to play one of the follow on scenarios. If I could just win at McPherson ridge(I have tried it at least 20 times with a top of 2100 pts).... You see I am not very good at SOW and the AI handles me easily. I have only been promoted on two scenarios now.

Here's a question...If I use the MODS in the scenarios, ie. The Flag and Bugle mod which is my favotite, will the scenario history update with the point totals for promotion purposes?
Nope...sorry, I too like those DRF for enhanced 'Reb' play, gotta play the stocks for promotion.

Tip, since others I added it too...for GB02, blow off the north VP, it's, for no better explanation, a feint. If you go for it...you're destined to lose, regardless of the variant. Hit the farm house VP hard and fast before the IB shows up. In variants where the IB shows up early, you're just SOL. :angry:
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
J Canuck
Reactions:

Post by J Canuck »

As I don’t have my own horn to blow, I hope you don’t mind my presumption while I borrow your bugle. :)

I have routed all Union units off the map and scored over 7,000 twice.

Give this a try gbs: Immediately march the 14th Tennessee and capture the two guns in the north/east. Then deploy the 14th as skirmishers with the captured arty (one on each flank) to the adjacent fence-line (slightly north/west) and delay the Iron Brigade which will march straight at you. #1 key the 14th so they don’t fall back.

Use the rest of Archer and all your artillery to clear McPherson’s farm while Davis takes the north VP. After routing the 147th New York, the 42nd Mississippi can help Archer by lying down in front of enemy arty while your canister routes them; or,if you think that’s gamey, charge the arty. After clearing the farm, put Archer including the 14th, into battleline with all arty on his two flanks at the first fence-line east of the farm and make mincemeat out of the Iron Brigade. Then .... mop up the battlefield.

Thanks for the use of the horn B)
Last edited by J Canuck on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mayonaise
Reactions:

Post by Mayonaise »

I can usually take the northern objective with 2 of Davis's regiments. The third I use to capture the artillery at the farm. Really, the only thing that will kill you in this scenario (like most) is cannister. Bring most of Archers bridgage in from the front/right and the furthest regiment behind the farm. You'll surround the farm and route the Union well before the Iron Brigade can make an appearance. If need be, use archers furthest regiment to delay them.