Successful 11 player game last night!

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Boyd
Reactions:

Successful 11 player game last night!

Post by Boyd »

Just wanted the NSD team and others know that we had a successful 11 person (6v5) game last night! Everyone commanded a brigade. It worked flawlessly and we played until completion! :woohoo: It was a sandbox game i believe.

The only "minor, minor" item we noticed was the player indicators (red/blue stars in upper right-hand corner) would only show 8 of us. It wasn't a big deal, but at first we thought only 8 of us made it into the game.

Thanks,
Gen Law
norb
Reactions:

Re: Successful 11 player game last night!

Post by norb »

I bet that's something in the code that only shows 8. I'm going to have to move them closer together. That is great news that it worked, thanks for sharing. Were you guys using the latest beta patch?
Boyd
Reactions:

Re: Successful 11 player game last night!

Post by Boyd »

yes, we were using beta 1.01. At least I was, which I assume means everyone else was too.
Mowgli
Reactions:

Re:Successful 11 player game last night!

Post by Mowgli »

Now this was a post I was pleased to read. I loved SMG and the multiplayer and am so looking forward to playing a Brigade Commander and attempting to carry out a good Senior Officers orders.

I guess I had better press on with the tutorials which considering I am an old TCM/TCM2 hand I am enjoying immensely and in fact playing some of them over. I am not rushing into the scenarios until I have every hot key mastered.

Some time down the road am looking forward to playing on really restricted view and using only couriers but that is all in the future for now.

Thank you guys for a great simulator and game.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Some time down the road am looking forward to playing on really restricted view and using only couriers but that is all in the future for now.
We already play with realism rules like this in pretty much all the big multiplayer games. However instead of the unrealistic only-courier communication restriction, we allow voice communication in ventrilo if the commanders speaking are face to face. When I play, I actually move the people around in ventrilo during the game so people cannot hear what others say unless they are close. It's a great experience, one that I've never had with any other game.

You should join us.
Last edited by Garnier on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Mowgli
Reactions:

Post by Mowgli »

I look forward to taking you up on your kind offer as soon as I have completed the tutorials and got up to speed on ventrilo.
Baldwin
Reactions:

Post by Baldwin »

We played a successful 13 player game last Sat, I've heard of 14 people playing successfully as well. As for the '8 star' issue, if you click the star it shows you the remainder of the players; that is the makeshift fix we are using in the meantime.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Baldwin ,

That is awesome news !!!

That deserved a big Positive Karma !!!!

:)

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Wed May 19, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

..... and another Karma kick!

People usually only post when they have a problem or question. It's great to hear how well things are working. :cheer: