Additional Smoke

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Mayonaise
Reactions:

Additional Smoke

Post by Mayonaise »

All,

I have noticed if you accelerate the time, the quantity of smoke put out by the regiments increases dramatically. It actually has a very nice look, it becomes hard to distinguish friend from foe, and reminds me of the many references to smoke obscured battlefields. Will it be possible to mod the quantity of smoke put out by the game? I have a very high end system, so I think the skies the limit her for me.

Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Re:Additional Smoke

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Speaking of smoke...every time I "ride" by the buring building, I "miss" the crackling of the flames licking through the roof!

Also, I seem to be missing the "ambient" bird songs as we march across the country. My granddaughter would sit on my lap during a round of TC2M and listen to the "birdies." Have these been "toned" down?

Finally, with both patches in place, I hear no music emanating from the troops. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks

Jack
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
bedbug
Reactions:

Re:Additional Smoke

Post by bedbug »

Smoke is not really a ram hog...... and yes, you can mod it in the csv's when the SDK is out.
It does not act the way you may think, however, and it will take some experimentation (never lose the origional Effects csv ). Smoke expands and fades basically and you adjust the rate it does so.
To make it look realistic it has to be tamed. ;)