Second Beta Patch v1.01

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Garnier
Reactions:

Re:Second Beta Patch v1.01

Post by Garnier »

I've set up the SOWGB Auto Updater to alert you if there is a new patch available. It also provides an option to let the updater download the patch and then start the installation process.

Essentially it just compares the checksum of the SOWGB.exe you have currently with the one from the latest patch, if they don't match it lets you update. The updater downloads the same exact file from the link norb posted, so the result will be exactly the same.

It may take a while to download because the patch file is still pretty big (116 MB). You can watch the loading bar in the lower left for the progress. Once it finishes it will start the patch installation process automatically. I tested it myself and it worked for me.
Last edited by Garnier on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

Great new !
I just gave it a try to see if i can host, unfortunately not but it's true it's not in the changes log.
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

Krille wrote:
I just installed the new patch and tried the artillery tutorial. I got 9 enemy kills. The yankees never came within cannister range so they are solid/shell kills.

Dont know if this is normal but it seems a little low when firing for 30 minutes?

Krille
There are 2 major factors that effect how many kills you will get. Range and the experience level of your gun crews. In the Tutorial they are all at the 3rd level of experience which is Militia. The hit rate for anything but canister can be hard.

But I'm surprised that nothing came within canister range for you in the tutorial, Standdard's brigade generally comes up on your left front and the 16th Vermont forms line well within canister range. Did you move the battery to the objective marker and stay there or did you move them around?
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

BOSTON wrote:
A "Restart Current Level" capability has been added to the Load Game Screen

I like this feature, the game get's so intense sometimes, that I need to take a break, do a research, ect.. Can't wait to try it out. :cheer:

BOSTON :)
Think you're misunderstanding this. This function is only available while 'in play'. It starts the scenario or save over.

What I think you're referring to, to take a break, etc., is what's always been there...Save Game.

In other words, if you end or quit game, "Restart Current Level" will not be available in the opening game menus. Forgive me if I'm talking down, just how I interpreted your statement. Just trying to help out before you kill a battle you want to continue.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

RebBugler wrote:
BOSTON wrote:
A "Restart Current Level" capability has been added to the Load Game Screen

I like this feature, the game get's so intense sometimes, that I need to take a break, do a research, ect.. Can't wait to try it out. :cheer:

Think you're misunderstanding this. This function is only available while 'in play'. It starts the scenario or save over.

What I think you're referring to, to take a break, etc., is what's always been there...Save Game.

In other words, if you end or quit game, "Restart Current Level" will not be available in the opening game menus. Forgive me if I'm talking down, just how I interpreted your statement. Just trying to help out before you kill a battle you want to continue.
Ya, just tested it and found out it's not what I thought it was, nonetheless, it's a plus feature! ;)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Krille
Reactions:

Post by Krille »

I have played it 3 times now. The first 2 times I think I "fooled" Standdard's brigade to move in to position by taking my leader up to the hill before I had moved my artillery to the first objective point. Therefore Standdard's brigade was in position when the yankees showed up and they advanced halting the yankees from coming to cloose to my artillery.

Second time I did this I got 0 kills from solid/shells.

Then the third time I did as I'm suppose to. Taking the first objective at once and double quick to the hill objective.

Now the 16th Vermont got to cannister range and I quickly got a score of 96.

Then I noticed that my far right artillery had shrapnel selected and primary target was 219 yards away. They fired 8 times and got 0 kills.

Eventually the yankees retreated allover and then I suddenly got more kills from Solid and Shell shots. Easier to hit enemy when they are retreating?

I ended up with a score of 143 of which 96 where from cannister.

Krille
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Widths of the areas along some fences and walls have been adjusted to make it easier to get the Defensive Bonus

Noticed it takes a little longer to charge artillery through fences, to be expected, it helps to be in column, TCd + officer nearby. Still get a RUSH when capturing a battery! :P
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

Krille wrote:
I have played it 3 times now. The first 2 times I think I "fooled" Standdard's brigade to move in to position by taking my leader up to the hill before I had moved my artillery to the first objective point. Therefore Standdard's brigade was in position when the yankees showed up and they advanced halting the yankees from coming to cloose to my artillery.

Second time I did this I got 0 kills from solid/shells.

Then the third time I did as I'm suppose to. Taking the first objective at once and double quick to the hill objective.

Now the 16th Vermont got to cannister range and I quickly got a score of 96.

Then I noticed that my far right artillery had shrapnel selected and primary target was 219 yards away. They fired 8 times and got 0 kills.

Eventually the yankees retreated allover and then I suddenly got more kills from Solid and Shell shots. Easier to hit enemy when they are retreating?

I ended up with a score of 143 of which 96 where from cannister.

Krille
I think you are a bit confused. Standdard is a Yankee Brigade. The 16th Vermont is part of it. Part of your problem with the shrapnel it the faulty Confederate fuse issue. Any both shell and shrapnel use fuses, so the Confederate get a reduction in hit ability to reflect the fact that Confederate fuses were faulty.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

I think you are a bit confused. Standdard is a Yankee Brigade. The 16th Vermont is part of it. Part of your problem with the shrapnel it the faulty Confederate fuse issue. Any both shell and shrapnel use fuses, so the Confederate get a reduction in hit ability to reflect the fact that Confederate fuses were faulty.[/quote]

Faulty Confederate fuses implies that they were necessarily inferior and not functioning properly. Here is a Civil War site that suggests they were not inferior...rather, the composition of the fuse had changed without informing the gunners so they could adjust the rate of burn-time:

http://thecivilwarhomepagediscussion282 ... ml?page=-1

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

J

That was a very interesting article.

HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston