Is the speed setting moddable you think?

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
ETF
Reactions:

Is the speed setting moddable you think?

Post by ETF »

Ideally our gourp of 6 players via LAN would really like to see a varibale speed option during the game. Similiar to say Hearts of Iron series or what not. At the least maybe 1/2 speed option. We find once the battle is joined all of us get a little confused on whoose controlling what. The speed option would be great to revisit I think.
With this be patched you think?
Is it possible to mod it?

Great game. MP is very smooth for a 1.0001 version :woohoo:
norb
Reactions:

Re: Is the speed setting moddable you think?

Post by norb »

No it is not moddable, but I think it could be added as a feature request. I really just tried to make it solid without any bells and whistles.
ETF
Reactions:

Re:Is the speed setting moddable you think?

Post by ETF »

Not sure would it be difficult to place that as an option. Say Speed .5, 1, 2, 3?
I wonder also is it possible to highlight player units with some sort of colouring or symbol. I the gold stars and what not are a start but when divisions get intermingled it is a nightmare for player to try and find units and especially commanders? I know the "go" button helps but not sure if there is another way on the eyes to help with this.
Maybe highlighting all ones players units on the board with a key stroke? Just a thought.
norb
Reactions:

Re:Is the speed setting moddable you think?

Post by norb »

The player flags are actually bigger and higher than the other flags. I thought the same thing when I played.