Cart before the horse.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Cart before the horse.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I am wondering why mods are being issued before the main bugs of the game are ironed out?

I would think that mods would only increase the errors, and CTD's.

I could be wrong, I'm not a programmer.

Just a thought.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re:Cart before the horse.

Post by Garnier »

There are only two released mods that I know of. One is my minimaps mod which as far as I know doesn't cause CTDs, and I released that very early because I knew people desperately wanted it. It is too bad that I couldn't mod folder this one (since it was wanted for MP), but this was such a simple mod I decided it was worth it.

The other is the OOB packs, but they can't be used in MP yet anyway. Also AFAIK OOB mods can only crash before or during launching of the game, and if they do it's obvious that it was the OOB because it explains the error in the log. These mods use the auto updater so if there was a problem, the author could fix the problem and everyone using them could update right away with no hassle.

The real reason though, is simple impatience. :P

Btw mods don't require any programming.
Last edited by Garnier on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re:Cart before the horse.

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi Garnier.

I got ya. Anything other than programming my PVR is way beyond me.

Have a good day Garnier.