House Fires

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Tacloban
Reactions:

House Fires

Post by Tacloban »

I hope that it will be a simple matter (i.e., commenting out in a csv) to switch off the house fires. They are a neat idea, I guess, but I wonder what amount of drag they put on the fps.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:House Fires

Post by Little Powell »

Tacloban wrote:
I hope that it will be a simple matter (i.e., commenting out in a csv) to switch off the house fires. They are a neat idea, I guess, but I wonder what amount of drag they put on the fps.
I remember hearing that the burning Bliss farm really doesn't effect FPS much.. Same thing with the trees swaying in the wind. It's the thousands of animated soldiers that take up the memory.
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

There is very little fat on these bones, guys. ;)
I reduced the size of the Bliss fire cells and cut the tree animations in half.
We piggy backed and combined images, etc, etc.
But LP is absolutely right. Its the number of soldiers.

If you turn on "Good" uniforms and hit the "T" key once or maybe twice when you enter the game you'll get more juice and be able to play fairly large battles on most current machines. But like I say: play with the Options.
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I have, and I enjoy the div v div MP immensely. I was just looking for what else I could shave. Thank you to those guys that play on my stripped.down battlefield.