Port Forwarding problem

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
ADukes
Reactions:

Re:Port Forwarding problem

Post by ADukes »

The strange thing is that a least one player can connect, so the router should be configured correctly.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

I guess I dont have it yet.
It lets me go to room with no (apparent)errors but drops everyone else from getting in
Last edited by kg_sspoom on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

And you are sure that the port is open?
jb hood
Reactions:

Post by jb hood »

Have a DMZ Functionality in the router config (exclude computer from router firewall protection). activated it.......and first time i could host for more than 2 players
“They are lying on the field where you sent them.”
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

More infos about my failures to host a game.
I have a client/server (tcp protocol) program built by myself i have tested to see if the forwarding rules on my router work fine.
I had no problem at all. I tried this with 2 pcs on my lan but by using the static public ip of my ISP to join the server and no problem, forwarding the port i use in this program works fine, client/server connection is well established.
Then i tried with a pc on my lan as server and with a wan computer (not on my lan) to join the server, no problem at all the connection is well established.
I do the same tests with SoW with direct access (not a lobby game to be sure there is no problem in providing the ip), connection failure.
Absolutely no idea of what's wrong. Maybe the udp protocol badly supported by the isp though i am doubtful about that.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

Yes I am haing problems with connection as well, and yet MP with Napoleon Total war is very easy, just click MP inside steam and your in.

Must be something I am not doing right I spose :S

Braxton Bragg
There will always be a counter argument!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I use a standard library for this part of the net code. It's called RakNet. I use UDP, it's all pretty standard. I added code to auto map the port if your router can handle it, works fine on some routers, others it does not. But it does not say whether or not you can host. In our testing we have never had these problems and we've just about all tried hosting. We usually use the computers that have the best connections to make it faster. I will continue to monitor this and research the network library to see if there is anything more I can do to help you guys out.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

I think I like the dog picture better :laugh: :laugh:
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Braxton Bragg
Reactions:

Post by Braxton Bragg »

LMAO yep I think your right!! Bring back the Dog Norb! :woohoo:

Braxton Bragg
There will always be a counter argument!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Diss!!!!