3/30/10 CoOp MP AAR

Had a great game? Want to write about it. These things can be very exciting, so if you want to share, post them here. The best will be reposted to the front page of the site!
Rich Mac
Reactions:

Re:3/30/10 CoOp MP AAR-Multiplayer uniform quality

Post by Rich Mac »

I still don't understand why this is implemented in such a way.

Another person's graphical settings shouldn't override my own. I have mine set up for what I think is the optimal performance on my machine. I'm fine with it.

Now you're telling me that I have to get in the lobby and announce to everyone that my machine sucks, so now I need everyone else to step down to my graphical capabilities if they want me to play in their game? Or else suffer enormous stuttering and general unplayability? Frankly, the other people should never know that I'm looking at low res uniforms on my computer.

I can see all machines being forced to use the same objects. Apparently, fence lines and their bonus effects are removed at certain quality levels. Having everyone the same only makes a fair playing field in this case.

However, I just don't see why other graphical settings are imposed upon you in MP. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game, but I just don't understand the reasoning for this and I feel that it may cost me the ability to play in many MP games. For that, I plan to scream loud.