Scenario creation question

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Scenario creation question

Post by sweeteye »

Have a scenario OOB created. Have the scenario showing up in the choose a scenario box.I cannot seem to figure how to get the commanders to show up in the choose a commander box.Is there an easy way to explain how this could be accomplished? Seems like I am overlooking something very simple.
26th Ohio Light Artillery
Sons of Union Veterans
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Scenario creation question

Post by Little Powell »

sweeteye wrote:
Have a scenario OOB created. Have the scenario showing up in the choose a scenario box.I cannot seem to figure how to get the commanders to show up in the choose a commander box.Is there an easy way to explain how this could be accomplished? Seems like I am overlooking something very simple.
Hard to tell without you sending me your OOB. Have you checked that you have all of the required columns? You are designing a master OOB correct?
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

yes I have designed a masterOOB. I tried to set it up based on what I saw in the sample.
I am thinking it is due to the fact that all the columns are not there as you have said.
I am not one to give up easily so I will keep expirimenting.
Sons of Union Veterans
ADukes
Reactions:

Post by ADukes »

The [Rank] section in the scenario.ini is your friend.
sweeteye
Reactions:

Post by sweeteye »

OK I have things under control now. My problem was with the master OOB. I was taking it out and replacing it with the regular OOB.All I am really doing is taking out some of the units from the sample OOB. Just creating a Confederate attack with the Lutheran Seminary as an objective. Really do not even have to adjust the unit positions much from where they are at in the brickyard scenario.
Sons of Union Veterans