Starting a multiplayer league - look here

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Cruiser
Reactions:

Re:Starting a multiplayer league - look here

Post by Cruiser »

I will most likely join the league but I do hope it is kept as simple as possible. :cheer: Rules and procedures can get very cumbersome very quickly. :)
"Never stand and take a charge .... charge them too."
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

I might be up for this. Depending on the times and such. I just bought my brother a copy adn he would probably jump in.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
bedbug
Reactions:

Post by bedbug »

Cruiser wrote:
I will most likely join the league but I do hope it is kept as simple as possible. :cheer: Rules and procedures can get very cumbersome very quickly. :)
......maybe a league for Grogs and one for normal people. :) :laugh:
glennsweet
Reactions:

Post by glennsweet »

... signed up for the Steam group but having issues starting SOW. Working on it....
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

The forum is up and running, so let's get some people on there and we can really get this thing going!

http://cw21.forummotion.com/
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

IronBMike,

Checked out your site last night and a "Very Well Done Sir" to you. This really shows your dedication for this game in it's infancy, and is a great promo to help build and establish a promising future.

However, your rules of engagement are too rigid for my playing tastes. I prefer unrestricted camera, as few couriers as possible (courier screen pop ups are just plain annoying), vocal chat among teams (estabu has it set up for that in Ventrillo now), and flexible competition times (set up by teams).

Good luck with your site, great ideas for organized competitive play.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

RebBugler wrote:
IronBMike,

Checked out your site last night and a "Very Well Done Sir" to you. This really shows your dedication for this game in it's infancy, and is a great promo to help build and establish a promising future.

However, your rules of engagement are too rigid for my playing tastes. I prefer unrestricted camera, as few couriers as possible (courier screen pop ups are just plain annoying), vocal chat among teams (estabu has it set up for that in Ventrillo now), and flexible competition times (set up by teams).

Good luck with your site, great ideas for organized competitive play.
Thanks, of course it is all subject to change based on what works best. It's just in a trial run right now, so it will take a while to get the whole system set. Of course, that is the whole debate between the two schools of play: one favors realism (camera limitations, couriers, etc) and the other favors gameplay (mics, free camera movement, etc). Maybe I'll figure out a way to integrate both into the tournament.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Maybe establish leagues:

Eagles - gameplay based (along my preferences)

Wolves - your restrictions eased up

Bears - your restrictions

Rattlers (or some snake name :woohoo: ) - HITS

Just some quick ideas... :P
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

And actually, just to expand a bit, I favor the realism approach because of just that: realism. It is hard to formulate a comprehensive battle plan using just couriers, but if one commander is giving out orders and the team has practiced/played together lots, messages will make sense and have specific meanings. It also allows for more leeway at the brigade level. On a mic, if a commander tells you to do something, you have to do it. But through a courier, there is a bit of discretion which is more fun for everybody.

The more teams play together, the better they'll get at interpreting couriers and figuring out exactly what their commander wants by giving a certain order.
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

RebBugler wrote:
Maybe establish leagues:

Eagles - gameplay based (along my preferences)

Wolves - your restrictions eased up

Bears - your restrictions

Rattlers (or some snake name :woohoo: ) - HITS

Just some quick ideas... :P
Ah that would be wonderful, but it's gonna be enough of a task just getting one up and running first! A lot just depends on how many players join up.