Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
ross_ntu
Reactions:

Re:Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Post by ross_ntu »

Should the general I'm controlling be able to wander through the enemy? I was playing as Buford and got beaten, but as I was the only Union unit still near the farm and three regiments were coming at me I thought - may as well end the game with a glorious charge! Strangely, I just ran through the marching Rebel columns. Then I ran through again and again. Eventually as I was riding for the fourth or fifth time through rebel infantry, I finally died. Is this wad, or an error?
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Commanders - Mingle with the enemy

Post by Little Powell »

ross_ntu wrote:
Should the general I'm controlling be able to wander through the enemy? I was playing as Buford and got beaten, but as I was the only Union unit still near the farm and three regiments were coming at me I thought - may as well end the game with a glorious charge! Strangely, I just ran through the marching Rebel columns. Then I ran through again and again. Eventually as I was riding for the fourth or fifth time through rebel infantry, I finally died. Is this wad, or an error?
Sometimes you can run through a whole brigade and still survive, other times you can be 50 yards from one and get killed. I'm not sure if it's coded to be random (more of a Norb question) but I remember it being this way in TC2M as well.