online play

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
gray100
Reactions:

online play

Post by gray100 »

well I have never played online before so how does it work?
gray
norb
Reactions:

Re: online play

Post by norb »

Just like SP for the most part.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Re:online play

Post by UglyElmo »

Don't worry gray100 if you cannot figure it out, feel free to ask anyone here. We're an easy bunch to get along with . . . that is . . . unless us fat guys miss a meal or two then "It's on!" :)
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for in an answer and I don't mean to be short. Perhaps you can be a bit more specific in which area you are speaking about and then I can elaborate.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

I'm not sure of specifics for Gettysburg but normally the following happens when trying to play multiplayer:

1. There will be a button labeled "Multiplayer" most likely. Click on it and it will take you to the multiplayer server.

2. The first time you do this it will probably ask you to enter your activation key (if you haven't already been asked to do so). It will also probably ask you to register a username, password and email address, which you will type in. Sometimes it will tell you that an email will be sent to your email address and you must respond to activate your username. Check your email, if it says to, and click on the link provided. You are now registered to play on the MP server.

3. Start the game up again and see 1 above.

4. At this point you will be asked to type in your username and password.

5. Once this is done you will be taken to the MP server chat lobby. Which will show usernames who are in the lobby, as well as a list of game available to join.

6. Find one that is open. Left click on it and hit the "Join" button.

7. At this point you will enter the MP game, and pick an army (whether it is an already established OOB or allows you to select your own units).

8. Once your army is picked hit "Ready" and once everyone hits "Ready" the game will launch.

9. You will be taken to the screen interface you normally see when you play the single player battles, except this time you may be able to chat with your teammates/opponents directly.

10. The game will play normally except it will be against a few human players instead of all AI run players.

I am not sure if this is what you wanted to read, but Norb can correct me on a few of the steps Gettysburg will have or not have.

Hope to see you on the battlefield.
el-marko1@insightbb.com
gray100
Reactions:

Post by gray100 »

Thanks Uglyelmo, you hit the button. can't wait to get playing.

Gray
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

Glad to be of help. Once the game is released feel free to PM me with any questions on how to join or host an MP game. :)
el-marko1@insightbb.com
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

And as soon as you've done that, you've signed up for life for a crash course to computer humor!
Hancock the Superb