Can we see the Jump Maps?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Davinci
Reactions:

Can we see the Jump Maps?

Post by Davinci »

Hey, is it any way possible that we can view the Jump Maps , or if that is not possible, can we see the JPG battlefields for all of the maps?

I know that it is getting very close to release date, but don’t see any reason this request would cause a problem!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Can we see the Jump Maps?

Post by Little Powell »

Davinci wrote:
Hey, is it any way possible that we can view the Jump Maps , or if that is not possible, can we see the JPG battlefields for all of the maps?

I know that it is getting very close to release date, but don’t see any reason this request would cause a problem!

davinci
There have been updates since these were posted, but you can get the idea in the screenshots here: http://www.norbsoftware.com/Portal/inde ... &Itemid=53
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks, Little Powell , I missed when those were posted!

But, this brings me to another question, if you don't mind!

If the house's, and fences are greatly reduced, what is the largest map size, that can be played on?

Thanks,

davinci
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Is there more than one jumpmap? Your SSs seem to leave out map designations from one shot to the next.
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Davinci wrote:
Thanks, Little Powell , I missed when those were posted!

But, this brings me to another question, if you don't mind!

If the house's, and fences are greatly reduced, what is the largest map size, that can be played on?

Thanks,

davinci
Sorry, don't know about the max size. That would have to be a question for Norb, Jim, or one of the map guys.

BOSTON wrote:
Is there more than one jumpmap? Your SSs seem to leave out map designations from one shot to the next.
There are 4. Look for the shots that are maps, they are not in order.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Little Powell wrote:
Sorry, don't know about the max size. That would have to be a question for Norb, Jim, or one of the map guys.
OK, Thanks for the quick answers, Little Powell !

davinci
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

The game maps are 2.48 miles per side. The game engine can handle larger sized maps but this size is about as big as we can handle with historical levels of map detail. We prototyped a double size map but discovered new problems. Since we didn't need that size for the game, we put the issue aside in the interests of getting the game out.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

A bit off topic, but when I click on one of the screenshots from any of the albums it won't open. Anyone else have this problem? Tried it in three different browsers too.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

IronBMike wrote:
A bit off topic, but when I click on one of the screenshots from any of the albums it won't open. Anyone else have this problem? Tried it in three different browsers too.
Try right clicking on the thumbnail and then select "Open link in new window".
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

IronBMike wrote:
You have to right click on the picture, and select "open in new window".

Ah, you beat me to it AJ. :laugh:
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.