Anybody like Whiskey?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Re:Anybody like Whiskey?

Post by Gunfreak »

I'm gonna buy a 25 year old highland park single malt as I want to drink something that is older then me
Shirkon
Reactions:

Post by Shirkon »

A nice Glenfiddich for me. Was able to pick up a 50 yr old bottle that I only drink on special occasions.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

Sherman, December 1863, remark to a Tennessee woman.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

This thread is great. :)

Actually picked up some good ol' Jack Daniels the other day. I'm a big bourbon fan.. I've tried every bourbon known to man, from $20 to $70 and nothing beats JD. (jeeze now I sound like an alcoholic.. I'm not really though, just on occasional drinker.) :)
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

As I said, I don't drink the stuff, but I heard that the when the Whiskey Rebellion was put down in the late 1700's that it had the effect of sending a lot of the whiskey making from western Pennsylvania down into Tennesseee and Kentucky where it was out of the realm of the tax collectors. And Bourbon was born.... I am not sure if it is true though.
gray100
Reactions:

Post by gray100 »

Like whiskey but expensive malts are wasted on me, a bottle of Grants or Stewarts hits the spot for me. Badger you are so right about Belgian beer, have ab45 different brews in the garage after the last beer run to Brugge. Would heartily suggest Rodenbach Grand Cru but be warned 9 out of 10 friends hate it as it is a very distinctive taste, very sour and bitter bur for all that to me nectar. Also have the last 12 bottles of Vin de Cereal that the Rodenbach brewery had so looking brewery had so looking at an excuse to drink it (the release of Gettysburg?). Last year was in a bar on the market place in Ghent which had 650+ different beers all with their own glass, such bliss!

Gray
Badger
Reactions:

Post by Badger »

:-) Ghent, lovely place & also my hometown. Wouldn't have been the Dulle Griet on de Friday Market (Vrijdagsmarkt)?

if you like the Rodenbach Grand Cru, might i suggest you try the Gueuze Lambic brews that are made in the region south of Brussels. Look around for Liefmans, they're one of the more popular brands.

cheers
B
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

Louie Raider wrote:
i'm a homebrewer. 'nuff said.

I'm a good ole Kentucky Hillbilly type, and my motto is; "if it has a label on it, it ain't worth drink'n!" I've found the best "shine" is the type you drink from a big clay jug . . . I never cared much for drink'n from a mason jar . . . . to uppity for my taste. :lol:
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

UglyElmo wrote:
Louie Raider wrote:
i'm a homebrewer. 'nuff said.

I'm a good ole Kentucky Hillbilly type, and my motto is; "if it has a label on it, it ain't worth drink'n!" I've found the best "shine" is the type you drink from a big clay jug . . . I never cared much for drink'n from a mason jar . . . . to uppity for my taste. :lol:
whoa, i'm talkin bout beer here. trying to operate a distillery here in suburbia might raise some eyebrows.
this space for rent
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

For every King a Crown...

Yea Crown Royal is my Whiskey.

I have also come to love Wild Turkey's "American Honey" whiskey which if you don't generally like Whiskey you might like. Put it on the rocks and it is absolutely amazing, pretty sweet and smooth.
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

@LouieRaider: I could understand your neighbors worry if they happened to see copper tubing sticking out of your apartment or condo's window. Or your suburban neighbors catch a sniff of the sweet smell of fermenting Corn emanating from your backyard. :)

@Flanyboy: I agree Wild Turkey 101 mixed with Vernor's Ginger Ale is a drink to die for on a hot summer night, sitting on the porch chatting with your friends, watching the lightening bugs float around the back yard.
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com