When!!!!!!!!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
gray100
Reactions:

When!!!!!!!!

Post by gray100 »

Hi Norb, I know that you are all doing a great job on this game but have money in my wallet I so want to send you for this game! Do you have any idea when it will be available? How will we be able to buy it? Have waited so long to play a game like Gettysburg online and am so envious of the testers!

gray
norb
Reactions:

Re: When!!!!!!!!

Post by norb »

I wish it was tonight! I really do. I'm sick of working till 1am every night. But we can't release it until we get the bugs out. We feel we have a good hold of MP, but now we are testing the scenarios hard and their is some AI stuff that we are working on. We froze the code of all new features in the beginning of December, now we are in cleanup mode. We plan to release it before the end of March, hopefully earlier.
Rich Mac
Reactions:

Post by Rich Mac »

Do you plan on letting us get our grimy little hands on a demo before the release? If so, how soon before the release? Maybe 2-3 weeks?

I'm dying to test it on my system and see if I need any upgrades before I have to wait in line to download the real deal ;)
O. O. Howard
Reactions:

Post by O. O. Howard »

norb wrote:
I wish it was tonight! I really do. I'm sick of working till 1am every night. But we can't release it until we get the bugs out. We feel we have a good hold of MP, but now we are testing the scenarios hard and their is some AI stuff that we are working on. We froze the code of all new features in the beginning of December, now we are in cleanup mode. We plan to release it before the end of March, hopefully earlier.

You are taking the right approach. Get the bugs out and get the best release possible. We will still be here and ready to buy when it is finally released.

In the mean time, TC2M still has unlimited re-playability to keep us busy.
chris merchant
Reactions:

Re:When!!!!!!!!

Post by chris merchant »

agreed, happy to wait however long to get a stable/bug free game, particularly in MP. Take your time, the money's yours :)
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

O. O. Howard wrote:
In the mean time, TC2M still has unlimited re-playability to keep us busy.
Absolutely Double O!!!

Have you seen the activity within the last 6 weeks over at TC2M ? Incredible !

The influx of new enlistees have brought in so much enthusiam that is unbelievable !!

The rate of AAR's turning out are at a record rate, and they are all top notch !.

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Our video's are getting a lot of hits and really getting the word out about these games. With Nappy TW around the corner, HistWar coming, there is going to be plenty to play.

The demo is the game. You download the demo, by a reg key, and unlock all the content. So I cannot release the demo before the game. Maybe I'll create a smaller demo at a later date, but on our initial release, the demo will be the game. We're using the old shareware model of the early 90's. Torchlight just did a release this way. It takes the publisher out of the picture, but also gets your game everywhere because it's a demo. If someone wants to unlock all the content, they buy a key. Problem is that it's a goldmine for the hackers, but we just can't let them make our plans. If people are going to steal the game there's really nothing we can do about it.
AP514
Reactions:

Post by AP514 »

Well,I hope there is a way for the game to check at the Start of M-Play for 2 of the same Keycodes. That way if a game is a pirate. It would Be locked out of M-Play. And as far as the Locked out players w/ the same codes let them bitch all they want..

1) they should not have let the Keycode get out..

2) it is their own fault for buying the game off of Ebay or some other NON-Norb site.

AP514

P.S. The more I think about it the harder it is to keep pirates frome geting key codes.

Take my example above..if the host checks the Keycodes for each game during M-Play.. Then a pirate could just host games and collect Keycodes.
Its enough to make you pull your hair out thinking about it. (good thing im bald)
rebeltim
Reactions:

Post by rebeltim »

the heck with the demo.. wait till the game is ready and finished and then put it out there. we are only talking about 2 and a half months to go... the big problem will be so many people downloading the game the first few days,it would be my luck that it slows down download speeds and i can't get it!! :) lol
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I'm probably going to let multiple installs off of the same code and I don't think I'll check for codes during MP. I want people to be able to buy the game, install on a couple of machines at home, and play. There will be a limit to the number of installs per code. Hopefully it won't be too restrictive, just to keep the honest people honest.