Question - about TC2M Sprites plus New Game!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Davinci
Reactions:

Question - about TC2M Sprites plus New Game!

Post by Davinci »

Hey, I’m not sure if this has been asked, but will the TC2M sprites work within the New Game?

I mean for the Single Player Game .

Thanks,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Question - about TC2M Sprites plus New Game!

Post by Jim »

This has not been tested, but in theory you could include them in a mod with the proper changes to the graphics csv files. Note, however, that we are bumping up against memory limits with the base set and you would likely be in the position of having to trade new sprite sets for existing ones to avoid crashing the game.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks, Jim ,

Two more questions, will the new set be the same format as the previous set dds ?

Also, have you included any new csv files, or will we still have the same ones as the previous game?

davinci
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hey ,

Can one of the modders give me an update about the cvs files.

Do we have the same eighteen files, are there any new ones, did we lose any of the old ones?

This information can’t be classified !

davinci
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Until we release the sdk it's not something that we want to discuss in depth. We are going to work hard on giving a good sdk after we release the game. We want to focus on looking at the sdk from a modders point of view. There may still be stuff that we have to change in order to provide a solid release. I just don't like addressing too many specifics until we are gold, because things do change.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

norb wrote:
Until we release the sdk it's not something that we want to discuss in depth. We are going to work hard on giving a good sdk after we release the game. We want to focus on looking at the sdk from a modders point of view. There may still be stuff that we have to change in order to provide a solid release. I just don't like addressing too many specifics until we are gold, because things do change.
OK , I’m sort of confused by the later release of the sdk . So does that mean that the first release of the game will focus only on the multiplayer aspect.

Does that mean that the Open Play will be locked until the later release of the sdk?

I mean that, I have no intention of playing this game on-line , so…….I guess that I’ll be confused for a while until this information is released.

davinci
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

It means that the SDK will be released separately after we release the game. As soon as we can finish it. I don't know why you connect that to sandbox mode, but it's not related. btw - if I were a betting man, I would bet that you will play this game online at some point. You will not be able to ignore it for long :)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

norb wrote:
It means that the SDK will be released separately after we release the game. As soon as we can finish it.
Yes, understandable, I was thinking that the SDK was available at the same time with TC2M , but there might have been a delay with that. I don’t really remember.
norb wrote:
I don't know why you connect that to sandbox mode, but it's not related.
This wasn’t intentional, considering that I have little knowledge about what a sand-box mode details.
norb wrote:
btw - if I were a betting man, I would bet that you will play this game online at some point. You will not be able to ignore it for long :)
You might be right but I wouldn’t bet on that, I’m looking forward to the Single-Player aspect of the game. I have never been able to play on the speed of the default game. I don’t really think that nothing happen that fast in the civil war. My opinion only!

But, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

davinci
UglyElmo
Reactions:

Post by UglyElmo »

hehe Norb is right, you will eventually decide to try your luck against real people, if only for a game or two.

I, like you DaVinci, like a slower game. I think either the MP will allow the host to set the game speed or everyone will have to manually slow their game speed settings down to the same, before it will play slower.

Norb, how will the game speed settings for MP be set up? Will it be a variable speed chosen by the host, or will it have to be chosen by everyone setting it to the same speed, or will the speed be non-adjustable at the SP default?

DaVinci, when the game comes out, if you are reluctant to try playing online due to fear of meeting up with a few over-competitive types, or a general shyness, just let me know. I will gladly play with you to make sure you are gently introduced to the MP side of the game. We can learn it together.

Myself, I don't care if I win or lose, just as long as I enjoy playing and have a few laughs while doing so. :cheer:
For any prior or future Ugly's out there, my contact info:
el-marko1@insightbb.com
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

UglyElmo wrote:
DaVinci, when the game comes out, if you are reluctant to try playing online due to fear of meeting up with a few over-competitive types, or a general shyness, just let me know. I will gladly play with you to make sure you are gently introduced to the MP side of the game. We can learn it together.

Myself, I don't care if I win or lose, just as long as I enjoy playing and have a few laughs while doing so. :cheer:
That sounds like a very good idea, if we can reach some sort of compromise on the speed settings for the units. I might have to set mine a little bit higher, but that is adjustable.

To give you a general idea about my settings, check out the unitcommon file, all of my speeds are set to zero except for the courier which is set to 5 .

Basically, I have removed all of the running, and fast maneuvers‘, but this applies to both armies, so it remains equal.

It takes quite a while for the units to cross the battlefield, but I like it that way.

davinci