Theater campaigns in the future.

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Johnny Reb
Reactions:

Theater campaigns in the future.

Post by Johnny Reb »

Howdy. Long time TC player. I still have my 1st Manassas CD, sad to hear it's out of print.

Firstly, am I right that Gettysburg will be a collection of scenarios that give the player objectives, like the previous Take Command games?

Secondly, how about future titles taking place across an entire theater? Like Virginia/Maryland to start. Where the player is presented with a large map of the entire Virginia theater, with divisions represented by blocks on the map where you can view who is in charge, how many men they have, etc. and these blocks could be easily grouped into corps and armies and moved around the map. It could be turn based, or realtime movement though I think real-time would be better. And whenever two opposing forces meet, the game loads up the battle map and the two sides have at it. What do you think?
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:Theater campaigns in the future.

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

I think that would be awesome but it might be better if it was turn based instead of real time. Other than that that sound very simple. Norb said he may release a campaigning expansion but the game must get finished first.
Your other question about the scenarios, yes it will be a collection of scenarios like in TC2M but they will be incredible.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

We have discussed this concept in very general terms. It is on the list of things we would like to do at some time. That list as a lot of items on it and which of them will be done in what order is parked until after we get this game out for you all to have fun with.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Johnny Reb
Reactions:

Post by Johnny Reb »

What about flags? Will the game keep a record of battle flags my men capture? Sorta like a trophy room?