Historical Scenarios

3 weeks 3 hours ago #1 by masp_3

• Cannon Fodder
  • Cannon Fodder

• Thank you received: 4

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Historical Scenarios was created by masp_3
    Hello together,

first i wanted to say a big thank you to the Developers of the Take Command / Scourge of War Series. Iam a history nerd and in addition was always fascinated by reading every detail about important historical battles, so this game series is absolutly perfect for my taste.

To my shame i stumbled only recently about the Scourge of War Series (many years ago i have played TC2M) and now have a question: I mostly want to play historical scenarios, where i take the role of a specific commander with his historic objective in the battle. Iam not so the fan of free sandbox play.

I already own the official addon packs, but have some questions. My first question: maybe i have overlooked, but the First / Second Manassas Scenarios of Take Command Game are not availabe (through a mod) for SoW GB right ? Or is there a way to make them available ?

Another question:
    in search for historical scenarios, iam browsing through the different threads in this forum. There is no "central" ressoure where i find all available free historical scenarios in one package right or a chronological List right? (if i remember correct, for TC2M there was some community package with bundled scenarios)

Maybe you can help me with my questions and/or recommend me scenarios which are good for starting. (That´s why i wanted to find the 1st Bull Run Scenarios to start in the right chronological order in my SoW GB experience :) )

Thank you for helping
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, Little Powell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 6 days ago #2 by RebBugler

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Thank you received: 1958

• Birthdate: 07 Feb 1948
  • Replied by RebBugler on topic Historical Scenarios

Expanded Toolbar - Grog Waterloo
    Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios and more...
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell, masp_3

2 weeks 6 days ago #3 by masp_3

• Cannon Fodder
  • Cannon Fodder

• Thank you received: 4

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Replied by masp_3 on topic Historical Scenarios
    thank you very much, this was exactly what i was looking for. That should keep me busy for a while :)

P.S. I really appreciate the long lasting support for this series from dedicated developers and a loyal community, something that i miss in todays short living gaming industry. So iam looking forward to the future of the existing SoW titles (Mods, Addons) and if you ever have plans for a new Scourge of War Title, i can assure you have at least one customer already ;)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: RebBugler, Little Powell

Moderators: ShirkonChamberlainFlanyboy